Identifying Future Directions and Challenges in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
under the auspices of
become pivotal in
overall directions of
integrate and support research activities
1. How was the National Health Research Institute created?
A. out of a mandate promulgated by the Department of Health
B. out of law enacted from Taiwan’s Legislative Yuan in 1995, (NHRI)
C. out of law enacted from the National Health Insurance Bureau
2. How many research divisions and departments does the NHRI comprise?
A. five and three, respectively
B. ten and four, respectively
C. six and two
3. What do scientists at the NHRI investigate?
A. the overall directions of national science and technology development in medical care
B. a transparent system for reviewing and assessing research projects
C. many aspects of biomedical sciences
4.Knowledge expertise and facilities at the NHRI will become pivotal in doing what?
A. planning the overall directions of national science and technology development in medical care
B. understanding, preventing and curing diseases nationwide
C. coordinating, integrating and supporting research activities undertaken by medical institutions
5. How does the NHRI facilitate information exchanges?
A. by training young scientists and physicians
B. by dedicating itself to the enhancement of medical research and healthcare island wide
C. through domestic and international cooperative ventures
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce a sector or industry concerned with the development of a specific product or service.
2. Describe product or service development in detail.
3. Cite a specific application.
4. Describe future directions or potential applications of this product or service.