Identifying Future Directions and Challenges in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
stake a claim
has evolved over time
aging prevention and treatment
1. What drives TSC?
A. the island’s increasingly competitive market
B. a highly talented staff of professionals from multidisciplinary fields
C. effective and inexpensive beauty products
2. What are conventional marketing strategies aimed at?
A. service-oriented franchisers
B. various information sources
C. traditional brick-and-mortar industries
3. How does TSC strive to lead the cosmetics sector?
A. by addressing global concerns over aging prevention and treatment
B. by attempting to transform the cosmetics sector with safe, effective and inexpensive beauty products
C. by aggressively pursuing large capital investment, state-of-the-art technologies
4.Why has TSC aggressively pursued large capital investment, state-of-the-art technologies and various information sources?
A. to further strengthen its core competence
B. to become a globally competitive leader in this intensely competitive sector
C. both A and B
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce a sector or industry concerned with the development of a specific product or service.
2. Describe product or service development in detail.
3. Cite a specific application.
4. Describe future directions or potential applications of this product or service.