Identifying Future Directions and Challenges in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
imposed by further exacerbated by
mergers and alliances
product innovation strategies
1. What evidence suggests that the local automotive industry has reached international quality standards?
A. ability to conform to available resources
B. various product innovation strategies
C. the tremendous amounts of capital invested in R&D and design
2. How is the Taiwanese automotive industry limited?
A. its rather small market
B. technological restrictions imposed by overseas parent manufacturers
C. both A and B
3. Why have mergers and alliances occurred?
A. Taiwan’s accession to the World Trade Organization
B. overproduction in the global automotive market
C. expansion of the domestic market share
4.What has made up for the previously tarnished image of automotive manufacturers?
A. half a century of development
B. product differentiation
C. high-quality models at competitive prices
5. How has Taiwan’s accession to the World Trade Organization affected local automotive manufacturers?
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce a sector or industry concerned with the development of a specific product or service.
2. Describe product or service development in detail.
3. Cite a specific application.
4. Describe future directions or potential applications of this product or service.