Identifying Future Directions and Challenges in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
rapid development of
accelerated the delivery of
shortened the life cycle
1. Which countries dominate the global digital camera market?
A. Taiwan and Korea
B. Japan and the United States
C. China and Germany
2. What necessitates the continuous incorporation of advanced technologies in product design to satisfy consumer tastes?
A. product innovation
B. marketing strategies
C. government investment
3. What does the limited and subjective experience of such designers severely limit?
A. the delivery of new information products
B. design quantity and quality
C. the life cycle of consumer electronics products
4.What percentage of all sales comes from new products that were innovated by hi-tech industries?
A. over 30%
B. over 40%
C. over 50%
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce a sector or industry concerned with the development of a specific product or service.
2. Describe product or service development in detail.
3. Cite a specific application.
4. Describe future directions or potential applications of this product or service.