Citing Examples of Product/Service Commercialization
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR)
yield annual profits
National Health Insurance Bureau
average compound growth rate
outsourcing of information systems
1. How much did the American information industry outsource to the medical services sector in 2001?
A. over $US 2,809,000,00
B. $US 383,000,000
C. over $US 1,755,000,000
2. How much did the American information industry outsource to the medical services sector in 2005?
A. $US 383,000,000
B. $US 2,809,000,00
C. nearly $US 1,755,000,000
3. What do information technology-related applications play a profound role in?
A. the decision-making process
B. the operational planning of hospitals
C. both A and B
4.What necessitates the adoption of a scientific method to formulate the decision-making process?
A. the fact that the decision-making process faces many uncertainties
B. the fact that the average compound growth rate is 12.5%
C. the fact that commercial opportunities have arisen from the development of the Electronic Healthcare Record
5. What sort of views do managers often adopt in decision making?
A. objective ones
B. optimistic ones
C. subjective ones
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce the main emphases of a sector or industry.
2. Cite specific applications, including examples of commercialization.
3. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization to a particular field of technology.
4. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization for practical purposes.