Citing Examples of Product/Service Commercialization
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. Who has collaborated with RUENTEX Construction Company in establishing a senior citizens’ residential community in Tan-shui?
A. the Department of Health
B. Rien Fu Newlife Company
C. the Taiwanese government
2. What should be the norm rather than the exception?
A. Commercial opportunities are limited.
B. Governmental authorities can evaluate the least appropriate management strategies.
C. Senior citizens can live independently.
3. How was the senior citizens’ residential community in Tan-shui established?
A. by providing high-quality comfort with 300 residential units
B. by drawing on the Japanese long term care model to provide residents with hotel-style management.
C. by evaluating the most appropriate management strategies
4.Why is the climate for growth opportunities in the long-term care sector in Taiwan favorable?
A. because of the successful operation of senior citizens’ residential communities
B. because of the competitiveness level of businesses
C. because of population trends and enhanced living standards
5. What are governmental authorities and industrial planners anxious to do?
A. create numerous commercial opportunities
B. govern the successful operation of senior citizens’ residential communities
C. evaluate the most appropriate management strategies
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce the main emphases of a sector or industry.
2. Cite specific applications, including examples of commercialization.
3. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization to a particular field of technology.
4. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization for practical purposes.