Citing Examples of Product/Service Commercialization
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. Why does confusion occasionally arise over payment terms?
A. owing to the lack of potential consumers constantly online
B. owing to the lack of an escrow service for its customers
C. owing to the lack of face-to-face interaction
2. What facilitates Internet users’ accessing of auction websites for bidding or selling?
A. the convenience of hi-speed Internet connections
B. face-to-face interaction
C. close inspection of a product on the store premises
3. What are Taiwan Yahoo-Kimo and Taiwan E-bay renowned for?
A. their ability to influence the final product price and sales terms
B. their ability to reinforce security mechanisms that require credit card or bank account information
C. their novel marketing mechanisms and operational models
4.Why is online auctioning a unique form of e-commerce?
A. its ability to combine conventional auctioning practices with advanced information technologies
B. its ability to provide an escrow service for its customers
C. its ability to delay product delivery
5. What is likely to delay product delivery?
A. an expansion in the range of products and services offered
B. a guarantee of confidential and secure commercial interactions
C. poor distribution
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce the main emphases of a sector or industry.
2. Cite specific applications, including examples of commercialization.
3. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization to a particular field of technology.
4. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization for practical purposes.