Citing Examples of Product/Service Commercialization
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. What happened to the number of Internet users between 2002 and 2006?
A. more than tripled
B. more than doubled
C. more than quadrupled
2. Why are consumers easily discouraged from shopping online?
A. if any of these technical factors are neglected
B. if product/service strategies are appropriate for electronic commerce
C. if sales growth is continued
3. Why must more incentives be provided for customers?
A. To successfully implement business strategies
B. to monitor the consumer growth rate for a particular market niche
C. to switch their purchasing from traditional retail outlets to the Internet
4.How do many E-business startups look for new customers?
A. by extending the concept of customer value to Internet-based commercial activities
B. by striving to protect customer satisfaction and loyalty
C. by monitoring the consumer growth rate for a particular market niche
5. Why must companies closely scrutinize their product/service strategies?
A. to realize the market potential of online commerce
B. to ensure that they are appropriate for electronic commerce
C. to develop promotional campaigns in order to lure new customers
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce the main emphases of a sector or industry.
2. Cite specific applications, including examples of commercialization.
3. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization to a particular field of technology.
4. Describe the mid-term or long term benefits of such commercialization for practical purposes.