Describing Recent Technical Accomplishments in a Company
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. Why are training courses essential to orienting older employees?
A. because of enormous amounts of clinical and administrative-related data
B. because of their reluctance and lack of information technology skills
C. because of patient waiting time and administrative errors
2. Why can one implement administrative policies efficiently and with a high success rate?
A. because of the role of information technology in lowering a hospital’s operational expenses
B. because of the ability to improve the quality of its medical services
C. both A and B
3. Why must the MIS department continuously adopt innovative technologies?
A. to integrate the standards and practices of various information systems adopted
B. to facilitate the access and use by system users
C. to increase patient satisfaction and simplify the remittance of national health insurance premiums
4.What do daily operations in a hospital produce?
A. advanced support capabilities with extensive throughput and large storage capacities
B. enormous amounts of clinical and administrative-related data
C. the further integration of information technologies into daily work routine
5. How is productivity increased and time saved?
A. through further integration of information technologies into daily work routine
B. through the ability to determine whether a hospital’s information systems satisfy user requirements
C. through the streamlining of data processing and administrative tasks
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Briefly describe the role of a company in a particular sector.
2. Describe a unique feature of the organization in developing a particular technology.
3. Cite an example of a recent endeavor.
4. Summarize the technical accomplishments of the organization in a particular sector.