Describing Recent Technical Accomplishments in a Company
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. What is a unique feature of the IC card system developed at the National Health Insurance Bureau?
A. It greatly simplifies the processing of very large amounts of patient-related data.
B. Individuals can choose whether to list specific ailments on their IC card
C. strictly protects the confidentiality of patient information
2. How is confidentiality of patient information ensured?
A. by registering medical data on an individual’s IC card
B. by legislation on the protection thereof
C. by recording organ donor information to inform medical staff
3. What does the IC card NOT contain?
A. an individual’s medical history
B. organ donor information
C. the latest information security measures
4.Why did the IC card begin recording organ donor information?
A. to greatly simplify the processing of very large amounts of patient-related data
B. to maintain an efficient information database system
C. to inform medical staff whether a certain organ is available in emergency situations
5. Why do IC cards exploit the latest information security measures?
A. to prevent counterfeiting or information theft
B. to streamline administrative procedures and reduce unnecessary medical expenses
C. to access this information through patients’ confidential IC cards
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Briefly describe the role of a company in a particular sector.
2. Describe a unique feature of the organization in developing a particular technology.
3. Cite an example of a recent endeavor.
4. Summarize the technical accomplishments of the organization in a particular sector.