Summarizing the Results of a Project
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. Where were the questionnaires sent?
A. to our research group
B. to banking institutions
C. to customers
2. How was cluster analysis used?
A. to lower operating costs and credit risk
B. to classify credit card customers into different categories
C. to identify target credit card customers
3. What are banking institutions attempting to do?
A. identify the characteristics of credit card customers and the effect of their lifestyles on their purchasing behavior
B. identify target credit card customers
C. identify desirable credit card customers
4.What does the proposed evaluation method provide a valuable reference for?
A. the lifestyles of credit card customers and the factors that contribute to their incurring of debts
B. banking institutions that are attempting to identify desirable credit card customers
C. efforts to to classify credit card customers into different categories
5. What can the evaluation method identify?
A. a marketing strategy to attract target customers
B. characteristics associated with the lifestyles of credit card customers
C. target credit card customers
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce the objective of your project.
2. Describe the methodology for the project.
3. State the main results of the project.
4. Describe the main contribution of the project to a particular field or sector.