Summarizing the Results of a Project
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. How were the relationships between the B/B ratio and leading indicators of the composite index of Taiwan, the operational performance of the Taiwanese semiconductor industry and the semiconductor sector in Philadelphia determined?
A. by factor analysis
B. by the global B/B ratio
C. by regression analysis
2. How was the operating performance of Taiwan’s semiconductor industry analyzed?
A. using the proposed index
B. using the B/B ratio on a monthly basis
C. using statistical software
3. For what years were publicly listed Taiwanese semiconductor manufacturers in information technology and electronics industries selected as the sample in this study?
A. from 2000 to 2002
B. from 2002 to 2004
C. from 2004 to 2006
4. What does the proposed index enable the semiconductor equipment producers in Japan to do?
A. assess more accurately the global B/B ratio of semiconductor equipment producers in North America
B. provide a valuable reference for stock market investors
C. analyze global market trends in the semiconductor industry
5. What strategies can the proposed model help enterprise managers devise?
A. those for the operational performance of Taiwan’s semiconductor industry
B. those for an increase in the net profit after tax growth rate
C. those for various economic cycles
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Introduce the objective of your project.
2. Describe the methodology for the project.
3. State the main results of the project.
4. Describe the main contribution of the project to a particular field or sector.