Explaining Difficulties in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. What does medical treatment involve?
A. a sense of professional ethics
B. assigning of fault to a particular party
C. a degree of risk
2. After how many days did the young soldier’s condition suddenly deteriorate?
A. after four days in the sickbay
B. after six days in the sickbay
C. after one week in the sickbay
3. What do family members need to complete procedures to receive compensation for death incurred from military duty?
A. the coroner’s report
B. a consensus among all attending physicians on the cause of death
C. authorization from the chief sickbay administrator
4. How many days of emergency rescue procedures did the medical personnel in the sickbay perform?
A. one day
B. two days
C. three days
5. Where do professional health care administrators encounter resistance?
A. from medical consumers
B. from the military
C. from the general public
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Describe the general setting for developing a particular product or service.
2. Introduce the main problem(s) that managers face in developing that product or service.
3. State the implications or consequence of the problem(s) remaining unresolved.