Explaining Difficulties in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. Why have over-the-counter drug purchases, along with sanitary and other related medical products, become the major source of revenue for pharmacies?
A. Local pharmacies have thus adopted a business model of one-stop shopping in recent years.
B. Managers can not analyze market competition accurately.
C. The Taiwanese government has implemented separate frameworks for the medical and pharmaceutical sectors since 1997, and the rate of hospital prescription drugs filled by pharmacies is extremely low.
2. Why is an accurate analysis by managers of market competition and the development of effective strategies almost impossible?
A. the inability to forecast accurately share of household income spent on medical and health care, or the number of local pharmacies to be established
B. an insufficient amount of over-the-counter drug purchases
C. the inability to purchase a wide array of medical and health food products
3. Why are customers able to purchase a wide array of medical and health food products?
A. Empirical analysis of pharmacies in the field of business management has focused on management strategies.
B. Local pharmacies have adopted a business model of one-stop shopping in recent years.
C. Pharmaceutical managers can increase their effectiveness.
4. What has not been developed previously?
A. separate frameworks for the medical and pharmaceutical sectors
B. a forecastingmodel to help pharmaceutical managers increase their effectiveness
C. the rate of hospital prescription drugs filled by pharmacies
5. What has empirical analysis of pharmacies in the field of business management focused on?
A. management strategies
B. a business model of one-stop shopping
C. accurate analysis by managers of market competition
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Describe the general setting for developing a particular product or service.
2. Introduce the main problem(s) that managers face in developing that product or service.
3. State the implications or consequence of the problem(s) remaining unresolved.