Explaining Difficulties in Developing a Product or Service
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. What do most nursing care attendants lack?
A. adequate supervision
B. adequate evaluative criteria
C. a uniform management approach to ensure the quality of service
2. What do outsourcing firms lack?
A. objective criteria in selecting nursing care attendants
B. a sufficient elderly population
C. employees with basic healthcare training skills and necessary knowledge of hospital or governmental infrastructure
3. What has led to an emphasis on controlling personnel costs while maintaining high-quality services?
A. a rapidly growing elderly population
B. changes in Taiwan’s National Health Insurance scheme
C. changing family structures and the frequency of chronic illnesses
4. What poses a major challenge for long-term care management?
A. the outsourcing of nursing care attendants
B. a rapidly growing elderly population
C. adequate knowledge of hospital or governmental infrastructure
5. What makes it impossible to control the quality of service provided island-wide?
A. the inability of nursing care attendants to perform their tasks efficiently
B. the inability of relatives of the patient to select the most appropriate care provider
C. the lack of standardized training
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Describe the general setting for developing a particular product or service.
2. Introduce the main problem(s) that managers face in developing that product or service.
3. State the implications or consequence of the problem(s) remaining unresolved.