Describing Organizational or Technical Needs
I. Pre-Listening Exercise
II. Listening Exercise
III. Post-Listening Exercise
Check the meanings
of the following words and expressions:
1. What is essential to enhancing the division of both labor and management among specialized departments?
A. enhancing the quality of medical care and competitiveness
B. effectively controlling overhead and, more importantly, establishing a mechanism for sharing in capital and business-related risks
C. generating revenue from such outsourcing under the Global Budget System
2. How many public hospitals that operate under the Department of Health?
3. What severely restricts the competitiveness of public hospitals that outsource general operations?
A. the inability to examine thoroughly the feasibility of generating revenue from such outsourcing
B. the inability to construct a deluxe health examination center to outsource diagnosis operations
C. the inability to provide additional budgeting for construction equipment, materials and personnel management
4. How can medical institutions help to maintain the quality of medical treatment without increasing hospital revenues?
A. by reducing the annual investment by more than 10%
B. by outsourcing to companies that provide health care
C. by creating a budgetary balance in daily operations
5. Why do administrators scrutinize closely business models applied to daily operations?
A. the availability of advanced health examinations that are outsourced to private medical units
B. operational expenses of a hospital, including investment in equipment, personnel costs and costs of utilities
C. increasingly fierce competition among hospitals and the need for sustainable development
Write a paragraph that makes an inference from statistics regarding a product or service by following this structure:
1. Briefly introduce a technology sector or market niche.
2. Describe an external or internal factor affecting that sector or niche.
3. Introduce a specific problem(s) that hinders development of that sector or niche.
4. State the technical or marketing need that must be addressed to resolve this problem.